- Candidate must have at least Bachelor Degree or in final years of taking undergraduate program or equivalent to apply for the certification process.
- Candidate who does not have bachelor degree or not taking undergraduate program is eligible to obtain PFM Designation if the participant at minimum has acquired 4 years of working experience.
- Candidate who does not have bachelor degree and currently taking undergraduate program may participate in the certification process to obtain PFM Designation and if he/she pass the PFM examination then his/her PFM designation will be awarded after the Candidate obtained his/her degree and has graduated his/her study. Candidate must provide valid evidence that he/she has obtained the degree and graduated.
- Candidate must possess basic knowledge and understanding in regards with accounting and finance practices.
- Candidate can operate Computer based spreadsheet program such as Open Office or similar spreadsheet software.
- Candidate must attend Certification Preparatory Training / Program and pass Certification Examination to become Certified Person.
- Candidate for Certification need to have high interest and attention in financial modeling and/or involved in a professional engagement and/or work to process, to develop and/or make decision based on financial modeling.
- Candidate and Certified Person must comply with the following Certification Standard Requirements at all the time as follows:
- Uphold and maintain the integrity, transparency and accountability during training and examination
- Provide accurate and updated profiles include submit copy of requested documents
- Participate in the scheduled training and attend at minimum 50% of the training session to qualified to participate in the examination
- Participate in the scheduled examination session to obtained PFM designation degree after pass all the examination.
- Certified Person is required to comply with the following Certification Standard Requirements at all the time as follows :
- Update and provide accurate and updated profiles include submit copy of requested documents periodically to IFMI
- Uphold the integrity, transparency and accountability in conducting and delivering services as Professional Financial Modeler
- Process PFM Designation recertification every two years through obtainment of Continuous Competencies Initiatives.
General PFM Certification Scheme in order to obtain and maintain PFM Designation
This procedure applies should a Candidate fail in any PFM Examination. The Candidate is obliged to pay retake examination fee applied accordingly.
This procedure applies when a candidate decides to postpone examination due to any personal reason. The Candidate is obliged to pay postponement fee in order to postpone of USD 100.
If a candidate reasonably believes that he/she is treated unfairly during examination process or receiving results non in line with the Candidate objective expectation, the candidate may submit Examination Result Appeal by paying Appeal Fee of USD 100.
Candidate or member may have issues in regards with PFM program, the conduct of LTP or IFMI personnel or any other issues. Candidate can submit complaint to IFMI.
Due to member failing to fulfill the membership standard requirements set forth by IFMI or as a result from the investigation on valid reports against a member, IFMI may make decision on the membership status of the member which includes suspension or revocation of membership for very serious violations.
Due to member failing to fulfill the membership standard requirements set forth by IFMI, IFMI may make decision on the membership of the member which includes suspension. Member may request for reactivation of membership to IFMI.
PFM Certification has two years of expiration date from the date of issuance therefor Certified Person needs to be recertified. PFM Recertification is obtained through the fulfilment of IFMI Continuous Competencies Initiatives (CCI). Certified Person will be suspended if fail to get recertified.
Due to personal reason, member or his/her bequest may request for withdrawal of membership due to personal reasons. Withdrawal of membership must follow the following procedure. After withdrawal member cannot request for reactivation. Members with withdrawn membership is no longer entitled to membership benefits