Professional Financial Modeler
Financial model is a crucial skill for capital market and finance professionals. Analysts have been using financial models to predict market movement, valuing assets and conduct various analyses.
Professional Financial Modeler (PFM) is an international certification program which awards PFM professional designation (degree or title behind your name) for those attending preparation class and pass single level exam. The curriculum covers the field of financial model, which deals with forecasting, preparing projection on company finances, valuation, project model and risk analysis.
PFM Program is aimed at revolutionalizing financial model through the development, invention and adoption of new methods and techniques where some of them are new and will radically change the way analyst view the interaction of assets.
PFM Program is a fine blend between theory and Excel based practice which will help participants master the curriculum easier and adopt it in daily work.
PFM Designation is an honor awarded as a token of accomplishment for those who pass the exam. The curriculum is getting expansion from time to time and PFM Examination is evolving to become one of the most rigorous exam in financial sector.
PFM Program is in the process of obtaining prestigious global accreditation.
Revolutionary Techniques in Financial Model
PFM curriculum already employs models which are not delivered in other modelling classes and some concepts are proprietary to PFM Program.
PFM has introduced new approaches based on study on how to avoid the mistakes done by most analysts which cause substantial erroneous analysis.
Professional Financial Modeler
Some of the breakthrough concepts and inventions
- The use of multiple discount rates for calculating discounted based models (Discounted Cash Flow, Net Present Value, etc) which enables a model to be adapted to market environment. This method has profound impact on valuation.
- Connect the movement of different asset classes (equity, fixed income, feasibility analysis, property, human capital etc) without the use of correlation.
- New breed of sensitivity measures, including NPV Duration and Equity Duration.
- New alternative to regression model, the multi factor duration
- Application of Two Step Terminal Value method as a new standard in valuation
- Sustainability Modelling, the study about unrealized mistakes found in most models
- Linear, non-linear, cyclical forecasting techniques and Monte Carlo models
- Introduction of new sustainability based financial ratios called Delta Ratios
- New technique to calculate risk free rate
Why You Need to Take PFM Program
- PFM Program is a certification program which allows you the opportunity to sit in Examination and obtain PFM Desination if you pass
- Exam ensures high participant retention rate on the knowledge obtained.
- Full of Excel based practice
The practical application in PFM program will help you grasp many highly theoretical knowledge in CFA curriculum and increase your chance of passing CFA exam.
PFM Body of Knowledge
PFM curriculum is developed based on PFM Body of Knowledge (PFM BOK) which is expanded from time to time. The BOK is divided into 6 main Sections, namely:
- Accounts and Reports Used for Financial Model
Study the use, purpose and basic calculation of usual format used for building a financial model and how to make a balance projection.
- Forecasting Techniques and Assumptions
Learn about forecasting techniques in preparing assumption using Office Program such as regression and time series for linear and non-linear forecast and Monte Carlo simulation.
- Financial Projection
Learn step by step process how to prepare a projection including the use of macroeconomics and firm specific projections, and how to account investment in subsidiaries using various methods.
- Valuation Methodologies
Learn how to value a company, calculate firm and equity value using various discounted models based on single rate, multiple rate such as PV and develop Required Rate of Return, DCF, Dividend Discount Model and Residual Income Model.
- Project Financial Model and Feasibility Analysis
Project Financial Model Sustainability and Risk Analysis
Learn about financial model and the feasibility analysis of a specific project using NPV, IRR, Discounted Payback, Profitability Index including understanding the flaws of NPV and differences toward corporate financial projection.
- Financial Model Sustainability and Risk Analysis
Learn how understand various highly common flaws done by analyst to avoid valuation inflated using common size, index analysis, risk analysis technique, sensitivity ratios, duration techniques and delta ratios.
- Credit Analysis Based on Financial Model
Understand how to determine whether a company or project is credit worthy through the application of credit analysis on a model.
PFM Preparatory Program and Examination
Before taking PFM Examination, every participant must attend preparatory class conducted by Licensed Training Provider. The preparatory program consists of public event (schedule for available country can be found at PFM website) or inhouse class.
PFM Examination is a single level examination developed in line with PFM BOK. Those passing the exam and fulfill some requirements will be entitled PFM designation, which can be placed behind name.
The examination is a full day examination consists of two parts:
- Multiple Choice Examination
Participant answers 100 multiple choice questions covering the whole PFM BOK.
- Computer Practice Examination
Participant fills the given spreadsheet and prepare a full set financial model
Failing on one or more modules only requires for exam re-take without attending preparatory class again.
PFM delivers 6 internationally recognized valuation models
- Discounted Cash Flow
- Enterprise Value Based Discounted Cash Flows
- Dividend Discount Model
- Residual Income
- Enterprise Value Multiples
- Price Multiples
Who Should Take This Program ?
- Financial & Investment Analysts
- Risk & Treasury Professionals
- Commercial Credit Bankers
- Model Auditors
- Project Finance Professionals
- Investment Banking & Transaction Advisors
- Business Development & Financial Planners
- Private Equity Analyst
- Corporate Valuation Specialists
Our Program Facilitators
Ricky Ichsan, CFA, PFM, FRM, CFP
More than 15 years in insurance, treasury – fixed income and derivatives, corporate finance and risk management sector.
Sapto Rahardjo, PFM, Csi, CFP, CIR
Working in banking and investment sector for more than 15 years.
PFM Program Class:
Class Weekdays in Indonesia
Everyday (Full Day), 12 – 16 June 2017
Class Weekend in Indonesia
Every Saturday (Full Day), 19 August – 23 September 2017
Language of Class Delivery:
English and Indonesian (Bilingual)
Hand Out, Venue, Lunch and Coffee Break
Accomodation & Transportation Excluded
To learn more about PFM program, please provide information below